Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summaries of activities at BbWorld 08

This post was written a few days ago and moved from another blog...

Heading to BbWorld 08 conference on July 15-17th and will be chronicling the activities attended. The first is a pre-conference on Evaluating Courses for Quality on July 15th with David Graf. I was initially wait-listed but was notified yesterday that I'm now registered (thanks again, Jason).

Sessions begin July 16th. I'll be focused primarily on migration strategies, faculty development, and course administration. With our coming migration from WebCT 4.1 to Blackboard 6.x within the coming year sessions dealing with lessons-learned will have my complete attention. Training and course migration will be key issues and I'm curious how other institutions have handled these.

To satiate my unquenchable thirst for learning technologies, I'm hoping there will be a couple of sessions on the integration of Web 2.0 technologies into Blackboard courses. With Web 2.0's focus on social networking and collaboration, I'm hoping to find sessions on what others are doing to enhance online courses using these free resources.

No comments: